Job Title: Part-time Operations Manager Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director Hours: Part-time
Date: March 6, 2018
A thriving, middle-class community in St. Luke Square composed of legacy South Dallas families and new families and businesses.
ZWHJCOC creates self-sustaining pathways out of poverty for young people and families in Dallas through education and job placement.
The Zan W. Holmes, Jr Community Outreach Center (ZWHJCOC) is growing steadily and is seeking to dramatically grow. The Board and Executive Director are currently looking for a missioned focused, seasoned, and strategic and process minded leader with experience of scaling an organization, leading an executive management team and developing a performanced culture among a group of diverse and talented individuals.
1. Establishing standard procedures for program operations and designing/implementing program services tracking systems and data standards.
2. Ensuring data on program service delivery and client outcomes are gathered and analyzed.
3. Developing standard management reports that will provide the Board and external funders increased visibility into program activities, outcomes, and use of/return on investment on financial resources.
4. Managing a donor database and ensuring the accuracy of donor and giving data.
5. Implementing basic annual fundraising activities and tools to complement existing ZWHJCOC special events. These may include updating/refreshing the ZWHJCOC website, creating periodic donor communications (letters, newsletters, etc.), basic grant writing, coordinating North Texas Giving Day, ensuring consistent donor acknowledgement and gift reporting, and similar activities.
6. Serve as a management liaison to the board and audit committee.
7. Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures. Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process
- Business or Accounting degree mandatory, a master’s in business administration is preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior management role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience gained in a high-growth organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point)
- Experience either as an employee or board member of a nonprofit organization; must be familiar with nonprofit finance and accounting regulations
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively
- interface with senior management, ZWHJCOC’s board of directors, and staff
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Passion for ZWHJCOC Nonprofit’s mission
Hours : between 15 to 25 per week
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees within this class.
Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.