Job Title: Intake Specialist Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Operations Manager Hours: Part-time
Deadline to Apply: September 19 Pay Range: $15.50 - $17.50 per hour
A thriving, middle-class community in St. Luke Square composed of legacy South Dallas families and new families and businesses.
ZWHJCOC creates self-sustaining pathways out of poverty for young people and families in Dallas through education and job placement.
The Zan W. Holmes, Jr. Community Outreach Center (ZWHJCOC) is growing steadily and is seeking to dramatically grow. The Board and Executive Director are currently looking for a missioned-focused individual. The Intake Specialist is responsible for the Frazier House intake process for each potential client and will assess the client’s needs between the Frazier House partners. ZWHJCOC offices operate in an organized, efficient and professional manner. The Intake Specialist provides the necessary leadership skills to work effectively with management, staff, clients, and Frazier House partners in a professional manner. The ability to multi-task is a must for this position.
- Determine the need for case management intervention
- Initiate contact to gather required background information, documentation and demographic data from stakeholder and sources
- Schedule assessments and complete necessary paperwork
- Assist case manager with assessments
- Review referrals and verify stakeholder information
- Input, store and manage client data and maintain client record confidentially
- Provides excellent telephone and in-person customer service: answers and returns telephone calls promptly and courteously; responds to requests in an accurate and timely manner
- Speaks to all referral sources, gathers and inputs intake information into the computer system completing the intake process
- 2 years of customer service, data entry and/or related field
- Some college or associate degree in social work, psychology, behavioral science or related field
- Bilingual a plus
Skills & Knowledge:
- Data entry, excellent written and verbal communication
- The candidate MUST possess strong time management skills, attention to detail, organizational skills, & ability to manage multiple projects
Physical: The physical demands following are representative of those that must be met by the employee to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Body Positions: Sitting, standing, walking about while talking and listening
- Body Movements: The position requires arm and hand dexterity; must be able to move one's head, neck and back
- Body Senses: Must have adequate vision, color perception and hearing, with or without correction
- Strength: Must be able to lift and move equipment and materials that may weigh up to 20 pounds by oneself
Hours : 20 – 25 per week
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees within this class.
Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.