Job Title: Administrative Assistant Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director Hours: Part-time
Deadline to Apply: September 19 Pay Range: $15.50 - $18 per hour
A thriving, middle-class community in St. Luke Square composed of legacy South Dallas families and new families and businesses.
ZWHJCOC creates self-sustaining pathways out of poverty for young people and families in Dallas through education and job placement.
The Zan W. Holmes, Jr. Community Outreach Center (ZWHJCOC) is growing steadily and is seeking to dramatically grow. The Board and Executive Director are currently looking for a missioned-focused individual. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing professional administrative support to ensure ZWHJCOC offices operate in an organized, efficient and professional manner. The Administrative Assistant provides the necessary leadership skills to work effectively with management, staff, donors and board members to accomplish the strategic goals of the non-profit organization.
1. Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Operations Manager, including but not limited to calendar management, expense report management, mail processing, invitation coordination, and travel coordination.
2. Coordinates meetings, including attended management, room(s) set-up, and issue resolution.
3. Maintain filing system and assist with special projects, staff trainings, and general office duties as needed or assigned.
- High School Diploma, Some College or Associate Degree
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience working in Executive Administrative roles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Non-profit or customer-oriented background preferred
Skills & Knowledge:
- Credibility and integrity.
- Positive attitude
- Ability to self-start, work independently and achieve high standards to meet multiple deadlines
- Excellent communicator, including writing, speaking, editing, proofreading and computer skills, with great attention to detail
- Strong calendaring, organizational and document management skills
- Work effectively with staff in a team-oriented environment with a positive, can-do attitude
- Adept in developing and maintaining strong relationships with management, staff, donors, trustees and other stakeholders
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism, business judgment, tact and diplomacy. Excellent problem-solving skills
Physical: The physical demands following are representative of those that must be met by the employee to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Body Positions: Sitting, standing, walking about while talking and listening
- Body Movements: The position requires arm and hand dexterity; must be able to move one's head, neck and back
- Body Senses: Must have adequate vision, color perception and hearing, with or without correction
- Strength: Must be able to lift and move equipment and materials that may weigh up to 20 pounds by oneself
Hours : Between 20 to 25 per week
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees within this class.
Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.