Job Title: Part-time Administrative Assistant Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director Hours: Part-time
Date: March 6, 2018 Pay Range: $15 - $25 per hour
A thriving, middle-class community in St. Luke Square composed of legacy South Dallas families and new families and businesses.
ZWHJCOC creates self-sustaining pathways out of poverty for young people and families in Dallas through education and job placement.
The Zan W. Holmes, Jr Community Outreach Center (ZWHJCOC) is growing steadily and is seeking to dramatically grow. The board and Executive Director are currently looking for a missioned focused individual. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing professional administrative support to ensure ZWHJCOC offices operate in an organized, efficient and professional manner. The Administrative Assistant provides the necessary leadership skills to work effectively with management, staff, donors and board members to accomplish the strategic goals of the non-profit organization.
1. Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Operations Manager, including but not limited to calendar management, expense report management, mail process, invitation coordination, and travel coordination.
2. Coordinates meetings, including attended management, room(s) set-up, and issue resolution.
3. Maintain filing system and assist with special projects, staff trainings, and general office duties as needed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience working in Executive Administrative roles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Non-profit or customer-oriented background preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Credibility and integrity.
- Positive attitude
- Ability to self-start, work independently and achieve high standards to meet multiple deadlines
- Excellent communicator, including writing, speaking, editing, proofreading and computer skills, with great attention to detail
- Strong calendaring, organizational and document management skills
- Work effectively with staff in a team-oriented environment with a positive, can-do attitude
- Adept in developing and maintaining strong relationships with management, staff, donors, trustees and other stakeholders
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism, business judgment, tact and diplomacy Excellent problem-solving skills
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees within this class.
Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.